- Advance registration is required for all groups of 10 or more.
- Field trips are confirmed and processed after we have received your completed registration form and payment guarantee.
- Date requests are processed and assigned in the order that payment is received.
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to Kohl Children’s Museum.
- Confirmation letters and information packets will be mailed when registration is complete.
- The Museum has limited field trip slots and space, and therefore we CANNOT offer refunds or balance due adjustments for absent children. You may bring up to 5 children more than the number you reserved, and pay for them on the day of your trip. Please note, focused field trip workshops are limited to a maximum of 25 children.
Call (847) 832-6923 with any questions related to your registration.
Cancellation and Change Policy
Because the Museum is in high demand for visiting groups, we must limit the number of groups scheduled on any given day. Therefore, if your plans change, we ask that you cancel, reschedule, or change the number of children in your group well in advance of your visit.
Refunds or reductions in amount due will be awarded for field trip cancellations or changes in attendance numbers based upon when the Museum is notified:
- More than 30 days in advance: Full refund
- Less than 30 days in advance: No refund
- A minimum of 1 adult (age 16 or older) for every 3 children is required.
- 1 adult is free for every 3 children..
- Additional adults will be charged $7 each.
Lunch facilities for sack lunches are free of charge; however, due to limited space, rooms must be reserved in advance (1/2 hour maximum allotted time). Così® Kid’s brown bag lunches, or sandwiches, salads, and flatbread pizzas may be purchased in advance from Così® Café on site at the Museum and delivered to your lunch room. Call Così® at (847) 832-6926 for more information.
Field trips and programs are available that accommodate children with special needs. Please let us know at the time of booking if your group has any children with special needs.