Science + You
Click here to learn how Science + You, Kohl Children’s Museum,
and the AbbVie Foundation support STEM education.
Enter a child-sized laboratory to explore how scientists impact your health and wellness. Explore machines, processes, and technology that demonstrates the role science plays to keep your body healthy.
Science + You has been underwritten by the AbbVie Foundation.
Young children become scientists in the new Science + You exhibit as they learn about human health and nutrition, scientiﬁc tools and scientists through problem solving, investigation and experimentation. The immersive, open-ended exhibits provide children with opportunities to play, explore, discover and experiment. Ideally suited for a children’s or science museum, the exhibition is complemented by educational materials and activities.
Science + You is targeted to children ages 2 to 10 and their caregivers, including school groups. The activities maintain enough ﬂexibility to accommodate both individual and group interactions. The exhibit elements are designed to offer safe and inviting experiences for the youngest visitors while offering challenges for older children. Adult caregivers and teachers are addressed speciﬁcally through text and graphics which highlight the exhibit’s educational messages.
- To increase global appreciation for the value science brings to improving health.
- To immerse visitors in an interactive environment that encourages investigation, problem solving, analytical thinking and role play focused on the science of health.
- To increase awareness and understanding of the role science and scientists play in the health and wellness of children and adults throughout the world.
- To provide opportunities for visitors to interact with Abbott scientists through related programming.
Key Concepts / Big Ideas
Through play and exploration in the exhibit and associated activities, children and adults will increase their awareness and understanding of the following concepts or BIG ideas.
- Scientists conduct research to discover how to improve human health.
- Scientists use technology and machines to create and innovate.
- Scientists use many different resources to explore and solve problems.
- Science shows us that people need balanced nutrition, exercise and rest to stay healthy.
Did You Know?
The exciting new traveling exhibit created by Kohl Children’s Museum made its world debut in 2011. It has traveled across the United States as well as Mannheim, Germany, and São Paulo, Brazil.