Careers at KCM
Thank you for your interest in working at the Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago! You are welcome to submit your application for employment for any available opportunities listed on our website or by completing a general application. While we may have limited or no employment opportunities available, the Museum employs part-time positions in our Operations and Visitor Experience departments on an ongoing basis. You may complete a general application by clicking on the “Apply Online” link.
Another wonderful way to get involved at the Kohl Children’s Museum is through volunteering! Our volunteers are an integral part of the Museum and our program offers opportunities supporting our staff in administrative duties, weekend birthday parties, and special events. Should you wish to learn more about volunteering at the Kohl Children’s Museum, please visit the “Volunteer” page of our website found under the “Support” tab.
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is currently accepting general employment applications in addition to the following opportunity:
- Art Studio Assistant
Reports To: Manager of Education
The Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago provides engaging informal learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children ages birth to 8 to become effective learners through self-directed complex play.
The Art Studio Assistant will be responsible for optimizing the visitor experience in the art studio and exhibit areas by providing expertise in early childhood education in the arts. The Assistant will engage early childhood visitors through developmentally appropriate practices to enhance their experience in the art studio.
• ensuring a positive visitor experience through interactions and supporting the creativity of our patrons
• preparation and resetting of the art studio and stations
• conducting sanitization tasks to ensure the cleanliness of the art studio
• Assisting and providing direction to visitors in the use of studio environment
• Implementing the Museum’s art programming in the studio environment
• collaborating with education staff to support early learning
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 1-2 years’ experience working with/teaching young children in fine arts
• Knowledge of art theory and its application
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and provide excellent customer service
This is a part-time position, approximately 10-15 hours/week. Interested candidates must have flexibility with work availability to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, kohlchildrensmuseum.org. You can also submit your resume to Angel Weiss, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.