Careers at KCM
Thank you for your interest in working at the Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago! You are welcome to submit your application for employment for any available opportunities listed on our website or by completing a general application. While we may have limited or no employment opportunities available, the Museum employs part-time positions in our Operations and Visitor Experience departments on an ongoing basis. You may complete a general application by clicking on the “Apply Online” link.
Another wonderful way to get involved at the Kohl Children’s Museum is through volunteering! Our volunteers are an integral part of the Museum and our program offers opportunities supporting our staff in administrative duties, weekend birthday parties, and special events. Should you wish to learn more about volunteering at the Kohl Children’s Museum, please visit the “Volunteer” page of our website found under the “Support” tab.
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is currently accepting general employment applications in addition to the following opportunity:
- Education Specialist
Reports To: Manager of Education
The Education Specialist is responsible for ensuring a quality visitor experience in the museum program and exhibit areas; teaches museum workshops to school groups and childcare groups; and develops and trains staff on age appropriate program activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Assists with the development and documentation of early childhood educational programming, following established lesson plan templates, Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards and Common Core Standards.
• Assists with development of written materials such as museum educational handouts, activity descriptions, pre and post visit materials for workshops and training manuals.
• Coordinates group visit activities, focused field trips and other programs to ensure the correct set up, material preparation, delivery of material and breakdown.
• Assists with and conducts professional development workshops for early childhood educators.
• Develops evaluation tools for programs to assess effectiveness.
• Engages early childhood visitors through developmentally appropriate practices to enhance exhibit experiences.
• Maintains storage and prep areas.
• Oversees volunteer support staff, as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field of study.
• Type 04 Certification, a plus.
• Two or more years demonstrated experience in an early education setting.
• Experience working with and/or developing STEAM programs, a plus.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel).
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
• Valid Driver’s License, own vehicle and good driving record.
• Flexibility with work schedule to support evening and weekend activities.
• Bilingual in Spanish, a plus.
Physical Activities include:
• Sitting, walking, standing, bending, kneeling and squatting, moderate lifting (must be able to lift at least 20 lbs).
• Up to four hours of standing and walking may be required while conducting special events and/or group activities.
Hours: Full-time, occasional weeknight and weekend hours
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to Angel Weiss, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports To: VP of Operations
The Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago provides engaging informal learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through self-directed complex play.
We are looking to hire additional custodial support to our weekend team. This is a great way to supplement your income while working in a fun, learning environment!
This is a part-time position, approximately 15-20 hours/week. Weekend availability needed, specifically Sundays from 11am – 7pm. Additional days and times are flexible.
• Cleaning and maintaining indoor facility spaces
• Responding to maintenance and/or housekeeping requests and other duties as they arise
• Supporting the overall maintenance and upkeep of the Museum
The ideal candidate must be friendly, reliable and have own transportation.
To apply, email Curt Adams at email@example.com or call (847) 832-6884, and leave your name and call back number. You can also apply on the Kohl Children’s Museum website at www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.