Careers at KCM
Thank you for your interest in working at the Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago! You are welcome to submit your application for employment for any available opportunities listed on our website or by completing a general application. While we may have limited or no employment opportunities available, the Museum employs part-time positions in our Operations and Visitor Experience departments on an ongoing basis. You may complete a general application by clicking on the “Apply Online” link.
Another wonderful way to get involved at the Kohl Children’s Museum is through volunteering! Our volunteers are an integral part of the Museum and our program offers opportunities supporting our staff in administrative duties, weekend birthday parties, and special events. Should you wish to learn more about volunteering at the Kohl Children’s Museum, please visit the “Volunteer” page of our website found under the “Support” tab.
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is currently accepting general employment applications in addition to the following opportunity:
Reports To: VP of Operations
The Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago provides engaging informal learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through self-directed complex play.
We are looking to hire additional custodial support to our team. This is a great way to supplement your income while working in a fun, learning environment!
This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours/week. Weekend availability needed, specifically Sundays from 11am – 7pm. Additional days and times are flexible.
Duties may include:
• Cleaning and maintaining indoor facility spaces, such as: dusting and polishing furniture; vacuuming floors; wiping down glass surfaces; cleaning and tidying restroom facilities
• Responding to housekeeping requests and other duties as they arise
• Supporting the overall maintenance of the Museum
The ideal candidate must be friendly, reliable and have own transportation.
To apply, call Curt Adams at (847) 832-6884, and leave your name and call back number. You can also apply in person or on KCM’s website at www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org/jobs.
- Exhibit Guide
Reports To: Director of Visitor Experience
The Exhibit Guide is responsible for providing an engaging and educational Museum experience for all visitors of the Museum. The Exhibit Guide supports a safe and fun environment through core operational duties, including facilitating positive interactions with our patrons, opening and closing of the Museum, managing the cleanliness of the exhibits and assisting patrons with any questions or issues as they arise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Exhibit Guide is a central role to the Museum guest experience. Exhibit Guides will:
• Encourage patron participation in exhibits through age-appropriate interactions using humor, games, activities and imaginative play.
• Monitor and safeguard young patrons, ensuring that children are with their caregiver as they enter and exit the Museum.
• Assist with answering patrons’ questions or resolving issues and needs.
• Set and reset exhibit areas throughout the Museum’s operational hours.
• Conduct sanitation tasks to ensure cleanliness of Museum exhibits.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work with young, energetic children
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
• Some work experience in a Museum or customer-facing role, preferred
• Experience working with children, preferred
This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours/week. Interested candidates must have flexibility with work availability to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, kohlchildrensmuseum.org. You can also submit your resume to Angel Weiss, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.