Discover nature’s way of teaching! Meet Kohl Children’s Museum’s newest permanent residents, a group of four Southern Painted Turtles in this live animal display.
Underwritten by Kendra & Thys Wallace & Family
- Watch these reptiles play, swim, feed, and bask.
- Count the turtles in the exhibit and see if you can spot them all (can you find where turtles like to hide?).
- Compare and contrast human and reptile movement and behavior.
- Investigate and identify physical features that help animals survive.
- Identify similarities and differences between the different turtles.
Good to Know
Focused Field Trips Aligned with this Exhibit
This exhibit is aligned with Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.