Science Sleuths lets children become little scientists as they study evidence, make predictions, and test their hypotheses with the guidance of a Museum educator or local professional. Programming takes place approximately every other Wednesday from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Calling all engineers, pilots, and air traffic controllers, we need your help to develop paper airplanes and copters to use on the runway and in the wind tunnel.March 13, March 27: Front Feet, Back Feet
Inspired by Dr. Seuss’ The Foot Book, we will conduct a footprint investigation by looking closely at animal feet and how they are used.
- Bubbleology Lesson: Have you ever looked closely at the different colors of a bubble? Let’s explore the science (and fun) of bubbles!
- Slime Factory Lesson: Roll up your sleeves, join in the mess, and explore the effects of temperature on slime!
- Fossils, Rocks, and More Lesson: Attention all mini geologists and paleontologists! Use your senses to investigate trilobite-fish fossils, and rocks.
- Waxy Business Lesson: Write or draw a secret message to a loved one or friend and discover the science behind decoding them.
- Zoom in, Zoom out Lesson: Join us as we look for biodiversity in our own backyard. We are going to take a closer look at the earth around us in our neighborhood.