Best Times to Visit
About 350,000 visitors enjoy Kohl Children’s Museum each year. Many families have discovered that our purpose-built facility, 17 interactive, hands-on exhibits, and easily accessible location make for a fun, educational experience for their kids.
The Museum is committed to providing engaging informal learning environments and works continuously to ensure that our guests have a quality visit each and every time they visit the Museum.
If you are looking for a quieter visit, please note the following suggestions:
- Afternoons at the Museum tend to be quieter than mornings.
- Pleasant, sunny days often mean the lightest traffic at the Museum; plus these days will allow exploration of our outdoor Habitat Park exhibit.
- Arrive early (9 a.m. for members and 9:30 for non-members).
- The Museum does not schedule field trips, camps, or other large groups on Mondays.
- September is our quietest month for attendance and also for field trips (please note that we close for Clean-Up Week in September).
- Late April through early June are also typically quiet times at the Museum after noon.
Please note that during peak attendance times, the Museum may hold admissions. These times are typically:
- Mid-morning during school holidays
- Spring break and winter recess
- On rainy or hot, humid days
Please check Facebook for the most up-to-date information.