Best Times to Visit
About 350,000 visitors enjoy Kohl Children’s Museum each year. Many families have discovered that our purpose-built facility, 17 interactive, hands-on exhibits, and easily accessible location make for a fun, educational experience for their kids.
The Museum is committed to providing engaging informal learning environments and works continuously to ensure that our guests have a quality visit each and every time they visit the Museum.
If you are looking for a quieter visit, please note the following suggestions:
- Afternoons at the Museum tend to be quieter than mornings.
- Pleasant, sunny days often mean the lightest traffic at the Museum; plus these days will allow exploration of our outdoor Habitat Park exhibit.
- Arrive early (9 a.m. for members and 9:30 for non-members).
- The Museum does not schedule field trips, camps, or other large groups on Mondays.
- September is our quietest month for attendance and also for field trips (please note that we close for Clean-Up Week in September).
- Late April through early June are also typically quiet times at the Museum after noon.
Please check Facebook for the most up-to-date information.