Animals As Architects
Explore, compare, contrast and construct human homes/shelters versus animal homes/ shelters.
- Compare animal shelters with human shelters.
- Explore bird’s nests and a model home through observational drawings and discussion.
- Create an orb containing materials in which birds would use to build a nest.
- Children will build structures using varying materials.
- Children will identify 2-Dimentional and 3-Dimentional shapes regardless of size and orientation.
Take It with You
Use the following activities to bring the education concepts from this exhibit into your home or classroom:
Appropriate for Grades: PK, K, 1, 2, 3
Meets Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards: 2, 11, 12
Meets Common Core State Standards: SL.K.1, R.10
NGSS: 2-L, S4-1, 1-L, S1-1
Focus: Art, Science