Gardeners Get Growing!
Understanding how food, health and the environment are connected.
- Identify a variety of vegetables and their various uses.
- Understand how vegetables help support the functions of different body parts.
- Differentiate types of gardening found in communities.
- Understand how compost provides a good source of nutrients to growing plants.
- Understand the Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) 5-4-3-2-1 Go!™ message to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Take It with You
Use the following activities to bring the education concepts from this exhibit into your home or classroom:
Appropriate for Grades: PK, K, 1, 2, 3
Meets Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards: 12,22
Meets Common Core State Standards: WK.8, L2.5.A, KMD.A.1
Focus: Math, Science