Reports To: Controller
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Perform all activities necessary to process and analyze payroll, employee benefits, accounts payable, expense allocations, and accruals. Provide administrative support to organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform activities to process payroll on a timely basis:
o Ensure receipt of written documentation for all new hires, terminations and all payroll changes
o Input payroll data (wages, deductions, etc.) for all employees
o Review time-off requests and balances and make any necessary adjustments
o Coordinate with department managers to ensure all timecard and time-off request information for each pay period is accurately recorded
o Process bi-weekly payroll
o Import bi-weekly payroll journal entry into accounting software
• Confirm employee benefit information on insurance vendor websites as may be needed, and update employee terminations on the benefit portal
• Perform accounts payable activities:
o Input vendor information in accounting software
o Obtain current W-9 forms, as necessary, for vendors and attach copies to vendors in the accounting software
o Enter accurate invoice and check-request information and account coding.
o Coordinate with department managers to ensure all expense reports and invoices are accurately recorded
o Generate checks, obtain necessary signatures and mail checks
• Record purchase card/credit card expenses making any account-coding changes as necessary
• Record miscellaneous Museum revenues, ie. coin counter and locker revenue, on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis in the accounting software
• Work with executive assistant in identifying and preparing daily check logs and notifying appropriate departments. Maintain copies of check logs and checks.
• Prepare bank deposits and take them to the bank on a weekly basis, or more often, if necessary
• Generate monthly allocation and accrual journal entries:
o Health, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, group term life, voluntary life and accidental death and dismemberment, postage allocations
o Current month salary, hourly and vacation accruals as well as reversals of previous month’s accruals
o Expense accruals for services rendered, but invoices not yet received at month-end
• Manage office supplies and place orders as necessary to ensure availability of supplies
• Troubleshoot copier and postage machine malfunctions and call for service as needed
• Provide accounting support to Controller and CFO as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Associate Degree (minimum), BA preferred; minimum of 2 Accounting classes required.
• Accounting experience required (1-2 years preferred)
• Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and Word required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to problem solve, apply good judgment, and analyze data
• Valid driver’s license, own vehicle and good driving record
• Flexibility with work schedule, as necessary, to support occasional weekend scheduling and/or evening activities
Customary office-related activities: standing, walking, sitting, bending
Moderate lifting (up to 15 pounds)
The Museum offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage; 401k, life and disability insurances; paid vacation, sick and personal holidays and a work-life balance culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.