Reports To: VP Of Operations & Facilities
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago provides engaging informal learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through self-directed complex play.
We are looking to hire a full-time Custodian for our Operations team. The Custodian will assist in all aspects of operations and maintenance of the Museum.
- Daily cleaning of the Museum and building grounds, with focus on appearance and safety
- Communicate with part-time custodial staff on daily tasks and schedule, including any changes to duties or completing special projects
- Special or seasonal projects, including but not limited to: wall washing, window washing, carpet cleaning, hard surface floor care, and painting
- Snow removal, salting, garbage removal, and litter pick-up
- Assist with Museum services requests, including but not limited to: room set-up, deliveries, emergency clean-up, and other Museum requests
- Identify supply and equipment needs and assist with order placement, as needed
- Escalate or report any maintenance issues or building concerns to the VP of Operations & Facilities
The ideal candidate must be friendly, reliable and have own transportation to work variable shifts (due to limited hours of local public transportation). Some experience in a custodial or maintenance role is required; experience with heavy janitorial cleaning equipment a plus, as well as experience plowing snow. Must be able to work variable hours, Sunday through Saturday. Initially this position will be scheduled for 30 hours per week and full benefits offered, with a change to 37.5 hours anticipated in the near future.
To apply, call Curt Adams at (847) 832-6884, and leave your name and call back number. You can also apply in person or on KCM’s website at www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org/jobs. For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.