Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
We have an opening for a part-time Custodian/Housekeeper to support our team. This is a great opportunity to supplement your income while working in a fun learning environment!
Available shift: Monday – Friday 3:30 – 6:30 PM and all Saturday & Sunday hours. Please apply if you are interested in working all hours or are available for only some of these hours.
- Heavy emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing
- Monitor, stock, and tidy bathrooms, clean and maintain indoor facility spaces as needed
- Respond to housekeeping requests and other duties as they arise
- Support the overall maintenance of the Museum
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
The ideal candidate must be friendly, reliable, and have own transportation – and there is no experience necessary!
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.