Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
We have an opening for a Full-time Custodian on our team. The ideal candidate must be friendly, reliable, and have own transportation – and there is no experience necessary! Must have flexibility with work schedule to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities.
- Daily cleaning of building and grounds with a sensitivity to appearance and safety (including mopping, sweeping, dusting, emptying of trash cans, cleaning restrooms, etc.)
- Responding to housekeeping and service requests, including room set-ups, deliveries, and any special needs as assigned by Supervisor
- Report any problems encountered to Supervisor
- Report needed information for which work orders might be prepared
- Report supply and equipment needs
- Perform ground duties, which may include snow removal, salting, emptying of trashcans, and picking up litter
- Perform opening or closing procedures as assigned
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.