Customer Service and Sales Associate
Reports To: Manager of Communications
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
The Customer Service and Sales Associate is primarily responsible for managing and servicing inbound group sales products such as birthday parties, field trips and general admission membership conversions using the Altru system. This role also supports the development and execution of outbound sales strategies to increase leads and achieve monthly revenue goals. Included in this role is general customer service responsiveness to phone and email inquiries. Pay range is $15 – $17 per hour contingent on relevant experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage incoming group sales, including but not limited to:
- Prompt response and follow-up on birthday party sales and field trip inquiries.
- Scheduling reservations and events through management software (Altru).
- Mail brochures and contracts to clients, completes contracts, follows-up on payments, guest lists and event details; follows all related department procedures.
- Respond promptly to daily member conversion calls/emails.
- Create outbound sales strategies to schools, daycares and other organizations for new business revenue.
- Be the main point person for phone call/email inquiries during business hours. Maintain overall knowledge of Museum topics such as memberships, technology, discounts and special events, to achieve a goal of one-call resolution.
- Meet established revenue goals for position (i.e., field trips, birthday parties, facility rentals, membership conversions) and sales innovation to drive new revenue streams.
- Maximize sales procedures, established with input from Marketing team, to ensure the productive use of time and maintenance of accurate and updated account files and follow-up procedures.
- Assist with departmental marketing initiatives as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably with a retail and/or non-profit organization
- Experience using database software, preferably Altru
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of positive sales and marketing techniques
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-starter initiative with a strong attention to detail
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
Customary office-related activities: standing, walking, sitting, bending. Up to four hours of standing and walking may be required while servicing special events.
Moderate lifting (up to 20 pounds).
This position is part-time, non-exempt/hourly (20-25 hours p/week)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.