Guest Services Associate (Part-Time)
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
The Guest Services Associate is responsible for providing a welcoming experience for all visitors of the Museum. This role assists patrons with admissions and membership purchases, experience planning and is a point of contact for questions or concerns. Position is part-time, non-exempt, hourly.
Part-time, Non-exempt/hourly, Saturday and Sunday schedule, 8:45 am-5:45 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional customer service in face-to-face interactions with Museum patrons
- Utilize Point-of-Sale system to process admission tickets and membership purchases
- Upsell general admissions to membership, and encourage renewals based on team goals
- Maintain knowledge of Visitor Experience procedures and Museum information, delivering quality service when assisting patrons with purchases, questions, and other needs
- Account for cash drawer and always adheres to cash handling procedures
- Assist with answering patrons’ questions and resolving issues as they arise
- Answer the Museum phone line and directs calls, as appropriate
- Monitor Museum entrance, ensuring visitor and child safety
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Experience working in a museum or customer-facing role, preferred
- Experience working with a Point-of-Sales system and/or cash handling, preferred
- Experience working with children, preferred
- Proficient customer service and interpersonal skills
- Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in office technology and software (Microsoft Office suite)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in handling sensitive material
- Familiarity with database management or Point-of-Sale system preferred
- Must have flexibility with work schedule, as necessary, to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.