Guest Services Associate
Reports To: Director of Visitor Experience
The Guest Services Associate is responsible for providing a welcoming experience for all visitors of the Museum. This role assists patrons with admissions and membership purchases, experience planning and is a point of contact for questions or concerns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Guest Services Associate is a central role to the Museum guest experience. Guest Services Associates will:
• Provides exceptional customer service in face-to-face interactions with Museum patrons.
• Utilizes Point-of-Sale system to process admission tickets and membership purchases.
• Maintains knowledge of Visitor Experience procedures and Museum information, delivering quality service when assisting patrons with purchases, questions and other needs.
• Accounts for cash drawer and adheres to cash handling procedures at all times.
• Assists with answering patrons’ questions and resolving issues as they arise.
• Answers the Museum phone line and directs calls, as appropriate.
• Monitors Museum entrance, ensuring visitor and child safety.
• Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Experience working with a Point-of-Sales system and/or cash handling, preferred.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Friendly demeanor and positive attitude.
• Some work experience in a Museum or customer-facing role, preferred.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours/week. Interested candidates must have flexibility with work availability to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, kohlchildrensmuseum.org/jobs.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.