Mobile Pop-Up Museum Facilitator
Reports To: Director of Education
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10-15 hours per week; some nights and weekends
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
The Pop-Up Museum Facilitator is responsible for providing an engaging and educational experience for all visitors of the Pop-Up Museum. The Facilitator supports a safe and fun environment through core operational duties, including engaging young learners through developmentally appropriate practices to enhance their experience, assisting with opening and closing of the Pop-Up Museum, managing the cleanliness of the exhibits and assisting patrons with any questions or issues as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure a positive visitor experience by supporting the learning and creativity of museum patrons
• Encourage patron participation in exhibits through age-appropriate interactions
• Set and reset exhibit areas throughout the Pop-Up Museum’s operational hours
• Facilitate programming, including activities and lesson plans, as directed
• Monitor and safeguard young patrons, ensuring that children are with their caregiver as they enter and exit the Museum
• Assist with answering patrons’ questions or resolving issues and needs
• Conduct sanitation tasks to ensure cleanliness of Pop-Up Museum exhibits
• Attend Museum trainings and meetings, as needed
• Support team members with a positive and collaborative attitude
• Assist with the facilitation of other education programs, as needed
• Perform other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Be at least 18 years of age and able to work with little supervision
• 1-2 years child development/early childhood education
• 1-2 years’ experience working with or supporting the educational learning of young children
• Previous experience in a museum or customer-facing role, preferred
• Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate in Spanish both verbally and in writing, preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Must have flexibility with work schedule, as necessary, to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit an online application at: www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org/jobs. You can also submit your resume or a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.