Operations Technician 1
Reports To: Operations Manager
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
The Operations Technician assists in all aspects of operations and maintenance of the Museum. This role supports the VP of Operations by overseeing and assisting the custodial staff in assuring that the Museum facilities are kept at the prescribed level of cleanliness and sanitation. Additionally, the Operations Technician will support training on the proper instruction of the use of equipment and materials and will ensure adherence to Operations processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of the Museum and building grounds, with focus on appearance and safety
- Oversee the duties of the part-time custodial staff and ensure that tasks are completed
- Communicate with custodial staff on daily tasks and schedule, including any changes to duties or completing special projects
- Complete assigned Operations duties, including any special or seasonal projects, including but not limited to: wall washing, window washing, carpet cleaning, hard surface floor care, and painting
- Complete Museum grounds duties, including but not limited to: snow removal, salting, garbage removal, and litter pick-up
- Assist with Museum services requests, including but not limited to: room set-up, deliveries, emergency clean-up, and other Museum requests
- Identify supply and equipment needs and assist with order placement, as needed
- Escalate or report any maintenance issues or building concerns to the VP of Operations & Facilities
- Communicate with Museum staff on any Museum maintenance issues, as needed
- Support any administrative tasks for the Operations department, as directed by the VP of Operations & Facilities
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of direct work experience in a custodial or maintenance role
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience in a custodial or maintenance role
- Experience with heavy janitorial cleaning equipment, a plus
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, safety regulations and training experience
- Friendly demeanor and ability to work with individuals of all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written manner
- Familiarity with office technology and software (Microsoft Office suite)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters
- Must have a valid driver’s license, own vehicle and good driving record
- Must have flexibility with work schedule, as necessary, to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment and items
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
Pay rate is $15 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, call Curt Adams at (847) 832-6884, or email email@example.com, and leave your name and call-back number. You can also apply on our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.