Reports To: Manager of Play Facilitation
The Play Facilitator supports an educational, safe and fun visitor experience by providing daily programming in museum exhibits and common areas, both indoor and outdoor. The Play Facilitator works directly with young visitors and their families to enhance the museum exhibit experience through facilitation of planned and impromptu learning experiences. Spanish speaking skills highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Encourage patron participation in exhibits through age-appropriate interactions
- Facilitate a range of scheduled and impromptu programming that extend the museum’s exhibit offerings
- Model positive, educational, creative, and respectful ways to interact with children and their caregivers through play
- Assist with set and reset exhibit areas throughout the Museum’s operational hours
- Participate in creating a physical environment that promotes play, learning and fun through assisting with Exhibit and Education inventory
- Attend monthly, quarterly and annual Museum trainings and meetings, as needed
- Support team members with a positive and collaborative attitude
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- College coursework in early childhood education, museum or related
- Experience working with children, preferably in a museum or classroom setting
- Proficient facilitator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn Early Childhood Education content as it relates to Museum exhibits, programming and guest experiences
- Ability to engage in age-appropriate, culturally-respectful, and individually-meaningful interactions
- Must have flexibility with work schedule, as necessary, to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required (subject to reasonable accommodation for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent getting vaccinated)
Physical Activities include:
- Customary office-related activities: standing, walking, sitting, bending
- Moderate lifting (up to 15 pounds)
Please apply on our website at email@example.com. For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.