Pop-Up Museum Facilitator
Reports To: Director of Education
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play.
As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child and family has access to a high-quality children’s museum experience, we’ve developed our newest outreach program, the Pop-Up Museum, to better serve children and families in under-resourced areas, bringing our exhibits and education programming directly to them. Our first Pop-Up Museum in 2019 will be located in Waukegan, IL.
The Pop-Up Museum Facilitator is responsible for providing an engaging and educational experience for all visitors of the Pop-Up Museum. The Facilitator supports a safe and fun environment by engaging young learners through developmentally appropriate practices to enhance their experience, assisting with opening and closing of the Pop-Up Museum, managing the cleanliness of the exhibits and assisting patrons with any questions or issues as they arise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facilitator is a central role to the Pop-Up Museum guest experience. Facilitators will:
• Ensure a positive visitor experience by supporting the learning and creativity of museum patrons
• Encourage patron participation in exhibits through age-appropriate interactions
• Set and reset exhibit areas throughout the Pop-Up Museum’s operational hours
• Monitor and safeguard young patrons, ensuring that children are with their caregiver at all times
• Assist with answering patrons’ questions or resolving issues and needs
• Conduct sanitation tasks to ensure cleanliness of Pop-Up Museum exhibits
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work with young, energetic children
• Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• 1-2 years’ experience working with or supporting the educational learning of young children
• Previous experience in a museum or customer-facing role, preferred
• Bilingual Spanish/English, strongly preferred
• This is a seasonal role, beginning February 2019 and extends through March 2019, with opportunities for continued employment at future Pop-Ups.
• Part-time, up to 25 hours/week.
• Weekday and weekend availability needed.
• This role will be located at Urban Edge Gallery, 220 W. Clayton Street, Waukegan, IL.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit an online application at: www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org/jobs. You can also submit your resume or a letter of interest to Angel Weiss, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer