VIP Sessions October 2020
Kohl Children’s Museum’s new V.I.P. sessions let you enjoy private access to the exhibits you love in a safe and clean environment. The Museum has been divided into four packages now on sale for October, each zone with exclusive access to select exhibits for you and your small group of 10 only, including private bathrooms assigned only for your party.
Reserve your October VIP session below.
October Ticket Prices
- Thomas the Tank Engine Package: $200 / Members $150 (Available Oct. 1)
- Young@Art Package: $150 / Members $100
- Main Street (Including Whole Foods) Package: $150 / Members $100
- The Works Package: $150 / Members $100 (Available Oct. 1)
- All packages include up to 10 guests (including adults and children) in your small group. Infants under 12 months do not count toward the limit of 10.
- Sessions available from 8:30 AM – 5 PM Tuesday thru Sunday with special evening hours Thursday thru Saturday.
- Sessions must be reserved 48 hours in advance.
- No food is allowed in the exhibit areas. If you wish to bring food (including birthday cake), additional rooms for eating can be added for a $50 fee. Please call (847) 832-6600 or e-mail us at email@example.com to reserve a room after your have purchased your package.
- Interested in multiple zones at once? Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with desired packages and dates to help us arrange a custom package!
Select your package:
1) Thomas the Tank Engine package
(Oct 1, 2020 – Jan 3, 2021)
Be among the only guests to explore our newest special exhibit Thomas & FriendsTM: Explore the Rails! Explore the Island of Sodor’s iconic locations: Knapford Station, Sodor Steamworks and many more.
- Climb into Thomas’ cab and trigger train noises such as braking, whistles and steam.
- Fix Percy’s wobbly wheel by experimenting to find a working combination of wheels, rods and bolts.
- Explore favorite Island of Sodor destinations on an over-sized Thomas Wooden Railway train table.
- Load luggage and freight into the coaches of two train cars.
- Get Percy moving by loading coal into his coal box and filling his tank with water.
- Sell tickets to other visitors taking a ride on the train.
Thomas & FriendsTM: Explore the Rails! was created by Minnesota Children’s Museum.
2) Young@Art package
(through October 31, 2020)
Be among the only guests to explore our newest special exhibit Framed: Step into ArtTM. Step inside the framework of famous paintings and experience art like never before.
- Enjoy a pretend noontime meal in Grant Wood’s Dinner for Threshers
- Act out a camping trip in John Singer Sargent’s Camp at Lake O’Hara
- Add “corn husks” to the flower tower in Diego Rivera’s Corn Festival
- Climb onto a giant rooster in Clementine Hunter’s Big Chicken
- Instagram favorite: Put your face in Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa
You’ll also enjoy a special guided hands-on art activity with a Museum art educator in our Adventures in Art studio, creating a masterpiece you can take home to remember the day. Along the way, check in on our southern painted turtles in Turtle Rock.
Framed: Step into ArtTM was created by Minnesota Children’s Museum.
3) Main Street (including Whole Foods) package:
Looking to explore one of your familiar favorites? Make a day of it in our child-sized town center on Main Street. Step into role-playing as your group has exclusive run of these 6 exhibits:
- Whole Foods Market grocery store
- SpotHero Car Garage
- Play Cafe
- Pet Vet
- Baby Nursery
- Sheridan’s Books & Crannies
4) The Works (including Water Works) package:
Formerly known as Built It package. Give your creativity a whirl as you explore all 6 exhibits in our west wing, including one brand new exhibit! Step into role-playing as your group has exclusive run of these 6 favorites:
- Water Works
- Ravinia Festival Music Makers
- City on the Move
- Cooperation Station
- Hands-On House
- Build It (info coming soon)
- Tickets must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance. Only one group may book per session.
- Members active on or after 3/14/20 receive a $50 discount on sessions. You will receive barcoded tickets by e-mail with your reservation. Please print them or save the e-mail with the ticket link to show on your phone when you arrive.
- Each session booked includes up to 10 guests attending. (Infants under 12 months do not count toward limit.)
Attention Members: You MUST be logged into our system in order to receive your admission discount. Discounts will be applied after you add your purchase to your cart. If you have difficulty accessing your discount, please contact email@example.com or call our main number at (847) 832-6600.
Please note: Memberships remain “frozen” at this time, and the clock will not begin again until we can re-open the total Museum exhibit experience. All memberships that were active on or after our date of closure (3/14/20), including newly-purchased or renewed memberships, will be eligible for discounts on this special V.I.P. Session programming.
Before You Visit
- Please have our e-mailed tickets available when you arrive, either printed or pulled up on your phone.
- Please bring your own face coverings. In keeping with State guidelines, masks that cover the nose and mouth will be required for all guests over the age of 2 during this programming.
Health Check: The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is our #1 priority. If any of the following are true of your party the morning of your scheduled visit, please do not come to the Museum:
- Fever of more than 100.4 F
- Coughing, sneezing, chills, runny nose, or difficulty breathing
- Exposure to a COVID-19-infected individual within the previous 14 days
- You have within the past 14 days been to states affected by the Chicago Emergency Travel Order
If any of these are true, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your session start time to reschedule your visit (subject to availability). Staff and volunteers are required to complete the same health check.
During Your Visit
- The Museum café will not be open for food purchases, and food is not allowed in the exhibit areas. Please call (847) 832-6600 if you wish to bring food.
- Drinking fountains will be disabled. We encourage guests to bring bottled water, spillproof beverage mugs, or sippy cups, which will be allowed in your selected exhibits.
- At least one family restroom will be dedicated exclusively to your group and cleaned every 30 minutes as needed.
For additional questions, please visit our FAQ page.
We know many of our guests are eager for safe and engaging learning experiences for their children. The Museum is currently offering V.I.P. sessions until enhanced Phase 4 guidelines allowing interactive museum exhibits open to the public are provided by the Restore Illinois plan.
Thank you for your support and patience as we debut V.I.P. Sessions at The Place Where Awesome Lives!