As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child and family has access to a high-quality children’s museum experience, we are very excited to provide the Kohl Children’s Pop-Up Museum. This allows us to serve children and families in under-resourced areas by bringing our exhibits and programs to them directly, inspiring future generations in their own neighborhoods.
October 3 thru December 2: CLC Lakeshore Campus, 111 Genesee St, Waukegan, IL
The Pop-Up includes high-quality interactive STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) elements:
• Imagination Playground: Explore engineering and construction with large blue building blocks.
• I Am a Naturalist: Use science to explore elements of the great outdoors, including shell collections, fossils, and insect specimens.
• Motion Quest: Experiment with using air pressure, gravity, and gears to make things move with out actually touching them.
• Art Studio
• Book Nook
Free public hours
- Wednesdays from 5 – 7 PM (10 AM – 2:30 PM on Weds, Nov 22)
- Saturdays from 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Free field trips Tuesday through Friday now available for qualifying classrooms. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
January – March: Cultural & Civic Center, Round Lake Beach, IL
April – May: Zion Shiloh Park Center, Zion, IL
Kohl Children’s Pop-Up Museum is generously sponsored by:
Wintrust Financial Corporation
Additional support provided by:
- The John and Kathleen Schreiber Foundation
- Gorter Family Foundation
- Lake County Community Foundation
- Steans Family Foundation
View photos from our previous Pop-Ups: