Become a part of one of the nation’s best children’s museums by assisting us with your volunteer time and service. Since 1985, Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago, a not-for-profit, educational facility, has been dedicated to “hands-on” learning and fostering innovative ways to nurture a love of learning in young children through play, exploration, and discovery. Kohl is one of the few museums in the country that has always focused on early childhood education – the fundamental, critically important learning that occurs from birth to age eight.
Ways to Volunteer:
Weekday Shifts: 9:30 AM – 12 noon or 12 noon – 3 PM
Saturday Shifts: 9 AM – 12 noon, 11 AM – 2 PM, 12 noon – 3 PM, and 2 – 5 PM
Sunday Shifts: 12 noon – 3 PM, 12 noon – 5 PM, or 2 – 5 PM
Saturday Shifts: 9 AM – 12 noon or 12 noon – 3 PM
Sunday Shifts: 12 noon – 3 PM
Weekday Shifts: 10 AM – 12 noon or 1 – 4 PM
Saturday Shifts: 10 AM – 12 noon or 1 – 4 PM
Sunday Shift: 1 – 4 PM
Weekday & Saturday Shifts: Between 10 AM to 5 PM
Sunday Shifts: Between Noon to 5 PM
Weekday Shifts: 2 – 4 PM
· Kitchen Creations: Every other Tuesday (starts July 2 – Sept 24)- FILLED
· Tinkering Tuesday: Every other Tuesday (starts July 9) – FILLED
· Science Sleuths: Every other Wednesday (starts July 3) – 1 OPENING
· Toying with Tech: Every other Thursday (starts July 11) – FILLED
· Math Counts: Every other Friday (starts July 5) – FILLED
Weekday Shifts Only: Between 9 AM to 5 PM
Educational Activity Festival Facilitator Volunteer: Engage children and families in our educational activities alongside our Educators at the African Festival of the Arts at Washington Park, 5100 S. Cottage Grove Chicago, IL 60615 (Kohl Children’s Museum table in the park). Needed for Saturday August 31, Sunday September 1, and Monday September 2, 2019.
Two volunteers needed on each of the following days and shifts:
• Saturday August 31, 2019: 10 AM – 2 PM
• Sunday September 1, 2019: 12 – 4PM
• Monday September 2, 2019: 10 AM – 2 PM
- Learn and develop new skills
- Meet and build a community of friends who share the love of learning
- Gain experience working with children at special events, or work “behind the scenes”
- Gain personal satisfaction giving back to the community
- Develop or enhance professional skills for the future
- Receive invitations to staff celebrations and other special events
- Discounts at the Museum restaurant.
Thank you for choosing Kohl Children’s Museum as a place to volunteer. Please click “Apply Now,” below, to complete the application. After completing the application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you.
- All applicants are required to attend an interview and training orientation as part of the application process.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 14 years old.
- A background check is required as part of the application process for all adult volunteers (18 years of age).
- Parent or Guardian consent is required for all youth volunteers (14-17 years old).
Bring your Company Employees or Group for a Volunteer Service Day at Kohl Children’s Museum!
Your volunteer day will include:
- Volunteer schedule
- Welcome presentation, with orientation/training on your roles
- Volunteer package
- Tour of the Museum
- Group photo of your service day
- Lots of fun
- Maximum of 15-20 people per group / day
- Names of each volunteer one week in advance
- Monday through Thursday between 9:30 AM – 1 PM
- Age 14 or older
Email Patty Timothy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call (847) 832-6892.