Become a part of one of the nation’s best children’s museums by assisting us with your volunteer time and service. Since 1985, Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago, a not-for-profit, educational facility, has been dedicated to “hands-on” learning and fostering innovative ways to nurture a love of learning in young children through play, exploration, and discovery. Kohl is one of the few museums in the country that has always focused on early childhood education – the fundamental, critically important learning that occurs from birth to age eight.
Ways to Volunteer:
Weekday Shifts Only: Between 9 AM to 5 PM.
Weekday Shifts: 9:30 AM – 12 noon or 12 noon – 3 PM
Saturday Shifts: 9 AM – 12 noon, 11 AM – 2 PM, 12 noon – 3 PM, and 2 – 5 PM
Sunday Shifts: 12 noon – 3 PM, 12 noon – 5 PM, or 2 – 5 PM
Weekday Shifts: 10 AM – 12 noon or 1 – 4 PM
Saturday Shifts: 10 AM – 12 noon or 1 – 4 PM
Sunday Shift: 1 – 4 PM
Weekday & Saturday Shifts: Between 10 AM to 5 PM
Sunday Shifts: Between Noon to 5 PM
Weekday Shifts: 2 – 4 PM
· Kitchen Creations: Every other Tuesday (starts July 2 – Sept 24)- FILLED
· Tinkering Tuesday: Every other Tuesday (starts July 9) – FILLED
· Science Sleuths: Every other Wednesday (starts July 3) – 1 OPENING
· Toying with Tech: Every other Thursday (starts July 11) – FILLED
· Math Counts: Every other Friday (starts July 5) – 2 OPENINGS
Weekday Shifts Only: Between 9 AM to 5 PM
· An Evening to Imagine Gala Assistant at Revel Fulton Market, 1215 West Fulton Market, Chicago, Il 60607 on Saturday October 19, 2019 from 5 – 11 PM. We have various volunteer roles in which you will be assigned to the different tasks during the evening such as welcoming guests, checking in guests on the auction software, being a spotter during the live auction & paddle raise, and assisting with guest check-out at the end of the event. You will be provided with food & beverages during the events. Must be able to be on your feet a lot and move about the event space quickly, able to use tablets to check in/out guest, and comfortable interacting with guests at the event.Must be 21 years old or older, and professionally dressed as you would for attending a cocktail party or better (i.e. cocktail like dresses/suits for ladies and suit & tie or even a tuxedo for gentlemen) Wear comfortable shoes.
Thank you for choosing Kohl Children’s Museum as a place to volunteer. Please click “Apply Now,” below, to complete the application. After completing the application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you.
- All applicants are required to attend an interview and training orientation as part of the application process.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 14 years old.
- A background check is required as part of the application process for all adult volunteers (18 years of age).
- Parent or Guardian consent is required for all youth volunteers (14-17 years old).
- Learn and develop new skills
- Meet and build a community of friends who share the love of learning
- Gain experience working with children at special events, or work “behind the scenes”
- Gain personal satisfaction giving back to the community
- Develop or enhance professional skills for the future
- Receive invitations to staff celebrations and other special events
- Discounts at the Museum restaurant.
Bring your Company Employees or Group for a Volunteer Service Day at Kohl Children’s Museum!
Your volunteer day will include:
- Volunteer schedule
- Welcome presentation, with orientation/training on your roles
- Volunteer package
- Tour of the Museum
- Group photo of your service day
- Lots of fun
- Maximum of 15-20 people per group / day
- Names of each volunteer one week in advance
- Monday through Thursday between 9:30 AM – 1 PM
- Age 14 or older
Email Patty Timothy at email@example.com for more information or call (847) 832-6892.