Kohl Children’s Museum’s professional development programs are designed for teachers, caregivers, parents, students, and other adults who interact with children ages birth through 8. Sessions can take place at your site, virtually, or at the Museum.
Each workshop topic is aligned with Common Core State Standards, Illinois Early Learning & Development Standards and NAEYC Early Learning Standards. Kohl Children’s Museum trainings are approved by Gateways to Opportunity. All sessions provide CPDUs and Gateways hours upon request.
Topics We Offer
- Sparking Curiosity Through Scientific Play
- Art and Nature with Young Children
- Sensational Senses and STEAM
- Geometric Foundations of Block Play
- Constructing Young Thinkers
- Tools We Use
- The Value of Play
- Curious Questions! Expanding Children’s Learning
- Introduction to the Project Approach
- Empowering Creativity Through Loose Parts
- Algebraic Thinking with Sets and Patterns
…and more! Topics can be customized to meet your needs.
For professional development trainings, 2 hours in length up to 25 participants:
- $475 at the Museum or at a site within 10 miles of the Museum
- $500 for sites 10-20 miles away
- $525 for sites 20-25 miles away
- $25 for each additional 5 miles away from the Museum, up to 45 miles
Professional developments must be booked 30 days in advance to secure these rates. Professional developments booked less than 30 days in advance, exceeding 2 hours, exceeding 25 participants, or held more than 45 miles away will be price-adjusted accordingly.
Contact the Kohl Children’s Museum Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding Professional Development Training Topics – or to customize one of your own!
Want to attend individual educator workshops at the Museum? Let us know of your interest! Email us about what you’d like to see from us at email@example.com.
Contact the Kohl Children’s Museum Education Department at (847) 832‑6873 for fees and further information regarding Professional Development Training Topics or to customize one of your own.