Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago offers 17 interactive, hands-on exhibits for children ages birth to 8. All of our exhibits and programs are aligned to the Illinois State Learning Standards and are designed to nurture a love of learning in young children.
Expanding every child’s mind through the power of play
Creating learning experiences that spark imagination and curiosity
- Meaningful Engagement – We create deep connections with visitors that lead to long-term affinity.
- Joyful Exploration – We experience joy and enthusiasm when with a mindset of investigation and exploration.
- Creative Problem-Solving – We apply a creative lens to problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Empathetic Interactions – We identify, understand and respond to others emotions and needs.
- Passionate Professionalism – Love of what you do in support of the mission.
Kohl Children’s Museum welcomes everyone by respecting and valuing the unique characteristics and perspectives of each visitor, staff, and community member. We evolve through learning and listening to foster diversity of participation, thought, and experience.
An average of 300,000 people visit Kohl Children’s Museum each year. The Museum has approximately 6,000 member families, who enjoy the purpose-built facility, 17 interactive, hands-on exhibits, and easily accessible location.
Museum in the News
• 06/12/20: Making Museums Safe Amid a Pandemic: Kohl Children’s Museum President & CEO Mike Delfini was interviewed on HLN about re-opening children’s museums post-COVID-19.
• 05/20/20: Social distancing in a children’s museum? Museum President Mike Delfini offers insight in a Fox-32 news segment and Chicago Tribune article.
• 05/13/20: Chicago Tribune:
Can a preschooler socially distance?
• 4/22/20: 10 Best Children’s Museums in America Offer Online Programs
• 2/28/20: Kohl Children’s Museum’s Pop-Up Museum
• 1/8/20: 5 Coolest Children’s Museums in Chicago
Museum Press Releases
• 2/28/20: Kohl Children’s Museum named to Top 10 Best U.S. Children’s Museum List
• 1/28/20: Kohl Children’s Pop-Up Museum offers free admission in Waukegan