Virtual Field Trips
We’re doing what we can to make school feel more “normal” for your classroom this year. If you can’t bring your students to us, we’ll bring the Museum’s brand of experiential learning to you – through a virtual field trip.
- Flexible to meet your schedule
- Aligned with common core and next generation science learning standards
- Designed with active learning in mind
- 3 packages to choose from:
- A one-week online video library rental of classroom activities and informational videos, flexible for in-person or remote learning
- Video library PLUS up to 30 supply kits shipped to you with all the materials needed for all activities in the series.
- Video library PLUS kits PLUS a live videoconference session with a Museum educator to lead an additional activity with your classroom
Take a sneak peek at what we’ve got to offer in this preview video:
For the 2020-21 school year, we’re offering 6 different field trip topics for your classes, with three different delivery options to suit your individual needs. Click each topic to learn more about content and learning standards covered in the field trip, as well as package options to bring the Museum’s brand of learning right into your classroom – virtually.
Six individual topics:
- RECORDED VIDEO ACCESS ONLY ($150): Looking for engaging, quality content? We offer video presentations in which Museum educators lead your students on guided explorations, all flexible to your time schedule.
- VIDEOS + KITS ($200): Don’t want to hassle with collecting materials? We can ship up to 30 supply kits to one address with all the materials needed for the activities in the videos.
- VIDEOS + KITS + LIVE SESSION ($250): Want that special Museum field trip touch? Reserve a live, 20-minute online session featuring an instructional hands-on experience/activity facilitated by a Museum educator.
How to Book Your Field Trip
Please select your chosen topic from the curriculum topic list above to see available virtual field trip options and click the links on those pages. For additional information or questions, call our field trip hotline at (847) 832-6923.
Benefits of virtual field trips:
- More than 30 minutes of standards-aligned video content in each package
- Perfect for remote instruction, hybrid learning, and in-person classes
- Six different topics for ages 3 to 9
- Flexible plans to work for your classroom, childcare, or home school situation
- Extension activities to continue hands-on learning experiences
- Guides to easily follow along for educators and parents
- Early learning standards listed for teachers