Got the munchies? At our Play Café, children get to try their hand at working the lunch hour and making pretend meals for diners.
- Answer the Play Café phone and take meal orders
- Fix sandwiches and run them through the conveyor oven
- Complete orders and serve customers
- Greet and seat customers and work the cash register
- Make milkshakes
- Clean the counters and floors
- Enact the roles of cook, cashier, server, janitor, and diner
- Count, sort, and sequence
- Engage in cooperative play and problem solving
Good to Know:
Focused Field Trips Aligned with this Exhibit
This exhibit is aligned with Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
Good to Know