Art Adventures are guided art activities that children and their caregivers can create together and either take home or replicate in the home. These activities take place daily in the Adventures in Art exhibit.
Come back to the art studio as a king or queen by designing a crown then creating a work of art.October 5 - October 31: Cardboard City Landscapes
Build, form, shape, and design the cardboard any way your imagination wishes using unique tools.November 2 - November 28: Fall Back into Color
Use natural materials and bold beautiful colors to paint a special unique fall painting.November 30 - December 26: Light and Shadows
Draw and explore shadows and color through transparent objects and forms.
- Clay, Coffee, and Creativity Lesson: Use your senses to explore the different properties of natural materials as you paint with coffee, mud, and clay!
- Red Fish, Blue Fish Lesson: Explore colors and shapes, while learning the art of Japanese Gyotaku painting.
- Tangible Tech Lesson: Have you ever thought of where this stuff ends up when it breaks or you don’t want it anymore? Reuse pieces of technology to create upcycled art.
- Papermaking Lesson: What can we do with all our paper scraps? Let’s turn them into new paper using the papermaking pour method!
- Frosty Fabric Lesson: Jack Frost nipping at your nose? Design some cold weather clothes. Be inspired by the variety and textures of colors of fabrics to create art.