Science + You Rental
Young children become scientists in the new Science + You exhibit as they learn about human health and nutrition, scientiﬁc tools and scientists through problem solving, investigation and experimentation. The immersive, open-ended exhibits provide children with opportunities to play, explore, discover and experiment. Ideally suited for a children’s or science museum, the exhibition is complemented by educational materials and activities.
For More Info.
For More Information, Contact:
Science + You is targeted to children ages 2 to 10 and their caregivers, including school groups. The activities maintain enough ﬂexibility to accommodate both individual and group interactions. The exhibit elements are designed to offer safe and inviting experiences for the youngest visitors while offering challenges for older children. Adult caregivers and teachers are addressed speciﬁcally through text and graphics which highlight the exhibit’s educational messages.
- To increase global appreciation for the value science brings to improving health.
- To immerse visitors in an interactive environment that encourages investigation, problem solving, analytical thinking and role play focused on the science of health.
- To increase awareness and understanding of the role science and scientists play in the health and wellness of children and adults throughout the world.
- To provide opportunities for visitors to interact with Abbott scientists through related programming.
Key Concepts / Big Ideas
Through play and exploration in the exhibit and associated activities, children and adults will increase their awareness and understanding of the following concepts or BIG ideas.
- Scientists conduct research to discover how to improve human health.
- Scientists use technology and machines to create and innovate.
- Scientists use many different resources to explore and solve problems.
- Science shows us that people need balanced nutrition, exercise and rest to stay healthy.
Did You Know?
The exciting traveling exhibit created by Kohl Children’s Museum has traveled across the United States as well as Mannheim, Germany, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Exhibit Rental Information
The immersive, open-ended exhibits provide children ages 2 through 10 with opportunities to play, explore, discover and experiment. Ideally suited for a children’s or science museum, the exhibition is complemented by educational materials and activities.
Museum Rental Information
Young children become scientists in the Science + You exhibit as they learn about human health and nutrition, scientific tools and scientists through problem solving, investigation and experimentation. Help clear the bloodstream from germs using antibodies and watch a white blood cell eliminate a germ from the body. Solve problems using a glove box, beakers and test tubes. Manipulate machines to mix and separate substances and investigate objects using microscopes. Create a healthy soup in a test kitchen and explore healthy lifestyles. Share your discoveries with others through creative collages.
- Developed by: Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago in conjunction with scientists at AbbVie, a global health care company.
- Size: 1,200 – 2,000 square feet (112 – 185 square meters)
- Components: Eleven interactive elements, Eight wall graphic panels (2-sided), 28 educubes (flexible stools for seating)
- Target Audience: Children ages 2 through 10, their parents, caregivers and teachers
- Languages: Exhibit text is in English and Spanish
- Staffing Requirements: One exhibit guide to reset components and interact with visitors
- Rental Fee & Availability: $30,000 + inbound shipping. Please contact Stephanie Bynum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good to Know
Take the Science + You experience with you.
These activities were developed by Dr. Robert Rockwell, Professor Emeritus, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville & Janet Kniepkamp, Reading Specialist, Parkview Elementary School, Columbia, IL in conjunction with Educators from Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago for teachers, parents and childcare providers to extend the concepts in the Science +You exhibit into the classroom, home or childcare setting.