Adventures in Art LIVE! May 4 - 8
This week, we explore the Adventures in Art exhibit! By the end of the week, you’ll have tried different visual art styles, including 2-D painting, 3-D sculpting, and collages. Join us as we explore the world of art through activities, stories, a virtual gallery, and lots of free resources!
Artistic experiences support many aspects in a child’s development. Adventures in Art specializes in hands-on exploration of various art mediums. This gives children a platform to practice and master:
- Fine motor skills – Children grasp, hold and manipulate materials and tools.
- Language development – Caregivers can open avenues of dialogue from the child’s perspective.
- Cultural awareness – Our experiences in our home, community and culture affect our worldview, and art is way for children to view and validate ideas, feelings, celebrations of themselves and their society.
- Social & emotional development – Art experiences provide an outlet for self-expression.
Planting a Seed: A few points from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) to keep in mind when your child is engaging in art:
- Let children take the creative lead.
- Allow children to use their hands to create their project.
- Support but don’t take over.
- Praise their efforts, not the product itself.
- Remember, you’re creating happy memories!
This week’s activities (all Facebook Live sessions at 10:30 AM):
Join Vito on Facebook Live to kick the week off and act out some art.
Follow video instructions to explore your senses through collage, and upload photos to our online gallery.
Textured Sensory Collage
Go on a hunt for items with different textures and use them to create your very own masterpiece!
Explore the Activity Page | Download the PDF
Home Zone highlights:
• Funky Brushes (English), Brochas Divertidas (en español)
• Assemblage Art
• From Trash to Treasure
• Fly Swatter Painting
• Newspaper Super Structures
• Soapy Cloud Painting
• Paper Strip Sculptures
• Peter H. Reynolds, Author of The Dot & Sky Color Read Alouds
• Kids Art Week: Free online lessons for kids with real artists
• Tate kids free at-home art projects
• Evanston Art Center: Download PDF of Art for All Ages
• Columbus Museum of Art: Aminah’s World Collaging
In addition to the links to activities provided above, click to join an Online Art Teacher Facebook Page community for creating art.