Hands On House
Roll up your sleeves and help construct a beautiful new house, both inside and out.
- Use wheels and pulleys to move materials
- Crank soft-sculpture rocks on a conveyor and drop them down a chute
- Choose stucco, wood, or brick panels to finish the exterior of the house
- Pretend to paint the house
- Shingle the roof
- Install wallpaper and carpet inside the house
- Pick up soft rocks using a digger
- Identify properties of objects: quantity, size, shape, weight, color, pattern, position, length, and width
- Operate simple machines
- Recognize, investigate, and solve a design problem
- Engage in cooperative play and problem solving
Good to Know
Focused Field Trips Aligned with this Exhibit
This exhibit is aligned with Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
The Museum will be CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC on Sunday, October 1.