Hands On House
Roll up your sleeves and help construct a beautiful new house, both inside and out.
- Use wheels and pulleys to move materials
- Crank soft-sculpture rocks on a conveyor and drop them down a chute
- Choose stucco, wood, or brick panels to finish the exterior of the house
- Pretend to paint the house
- Shingle the roof
- Install wallpaper and carpet inside the house
- Pick up soft rocks using a digger
- Identify properties of objects: quantity, size, shape, weight, color, pattern, position, length, and width
- Operate simple machines
- Recognize, investigate, and solve a design problem
- Engage in cooperative play and problem solving
Good to Know
Focused Field Trips Aligned with this Exhibit
This exhibit is aligned with Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.