Discover how the five senses help people learn about their world.
- Construct art using tactile discrimination.
- Explore and analyze contrasting tastes.
- Utilize visual discrimination to explore color change and mixing.
- Compare the sound of different objects.
- Distinguish and identify various scents.
Take It with You
Use the following activities to bring the education concepts from this exhibit into your home or classroom:
Appropriate for Grades: PK, K, 1
Meets Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards: 1.E.ECe, 7.A.ECa, 11.A.ECf, 23.A, 26.B.EC
Meets Common Core State Standards: SL.K.1, SL.K.2, RL.1.7, RL.K.10, K.MD.A.2
Next Generation Science Standards:
1-PS4-1, 1-PS4-3, 2-PS1-1
Focus: Art, Science