Sheridan’s Books and Crannies
Letters make words, words make sentences, and sentences make stories. Discover the magic of reading at this play bookstore!
Underwritten by The Souder Family Foundation, with additional support provided by the Public Museum Capital Grants Program, Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Illinois State Museum
- Browse a wide range of books for children up to age 8
- Climb up to the reading loft or take in a story in a reading nook
- Open discovery boxes to find items to tell a story
- Trace common handwriting shapes on motions in grooves on the wall
- Turn spinners to match rhyming words or words that start with the same sound
- Use a magnet wall to create a story and then act it out on a stage
- Read words and books
- Recall stories
- Identify letters and sounds
- Compare English to other languages
Good to Know
Focused Field Trips Aligned with this Exhibit
This exhibit is aligned with Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.