Whole Foods LIVE! June 1 - 5
This week, we’re creating with foods found in the Whole Foods Market Exhibit! By the end of the week, you’ll have explored making rockets, frozen treats as well as painting with acids and bases! Join us as we explore through activities, stories, and lots of free resources.
All week, share your Art with us by posting your videos and photos with #KohlKidsLive and sending your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us in the conversation and the fun on Facebook and Instagram @kohlchildrensmuseum
Grocery stores provide us with food options so we can stay healthy. In the Whole Foods Market exhibit, children can explore early math concepts by identifying attributes of foods, sorting into groups, and counting how many items they have in their cart. Language skills can develop from describing their “purchases” as well as role playing various jobs and tasks at a grocery store.
• Social & Emotional Development: Children practice social relationships, social skills and self-regulation as they engage in dramatic play experiences with others. Children also have the opportunity to build self-confidence by self-selecting which role to emulate.
• Language Development: Exploring our themed environment provides opportunities to learn new vocabulary, ask questions, seek information, and engage in conversations about what they observe as they interact with other guests.
• Motor Skills: Children practice grasping and holding a variety of shapes and sizes of foods and packaging. They also practice maneuvering themselves and a cart around the grocery store.
This week’s activities (all Facebook Live sessions at 10:30 AM):
Vito’s back to kick off Whole Foods week and to act it out live on Facebook .
Cori will show you how to use items from the grocery store to make and test rockets
Baking Soda RocketsYour rocket will fly up, up and away with vinegar and baking soda!
Explore the Activity Page | Download PDF
Vito will close out the week with a live story time on Facebook .
Home Zone highlights:
- Round is a Tortilla, A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Thong, Illustrated by John Parra: Read-aloud story
- The Duckling Gets a Cookie? Read-aloud story
- Go Go Grapes Read-aloud story
- Kitchen Creations Recipes
- Drying it Out Activity
• Refrescarse Con Paletas: Explorar la transformación de sólidos y líquidos en la cocina