Whole Foods Market
Children run everything in this grocery store! Be a stocker, baker, cashier, or shopper in this simulated environment.
- Pick corn, apples and cucumbers at the farm and load onto a truck
- Receive produce from the farm on a conveyor belt
- Push a cart to shop through the food aisles
- Work at the deli
- Bake bread in the bakery
- Restock groceries on the shelves
- Arrange flowers at the flower stand
- Scan items at the checkout stand
- Use imagination and role-play
- Sort and classify objects by a variety of properties
- Count, add, and subtract
- Negotiate with other visitors
- Match healthy items to shopping list
Good to Know
Focused Field Trips Aligned with this Exhibit
Health and Nutrition
This exhibit is aligned with Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
The Museum is temporarily closed to combat COVID-19. Please visit our Home Zone remote learning page.