Reports To: Director of Visitor Experience
The Exhibit Guide is responsible for providing an engaging and educational Museum experience for all visitors of the Museum. The Exhibit Guide supports a safe and fun environment through core operational duties, including facilitating positive interactions with our patrons, opening and closing of the Museum, managing the cleanliness of the exhibits and assisting patrons with any questions or issues as they arise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Exhibit Guide is a central role to the Museum guest experience. Exhibit Guides will:
• Encourage patron participation in exhibits through age-appropriate interactions using humor, games, activities and imaginative play.
• Monitor and safeguard young patrons, ensuring that children are with their caregiver as they enter and exit the Museum.
• Assist with answering patrons’ questions or resolving issues and needs.
• Set and reset exhibit areas throughout the Museum’s operational hours.
• Conduct sanitation tasks to ensure cleanliness of Museum exhibits.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work with young, energetic children
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
• Some work experience in a Museum or customer-facing role, preferred
• Experience working with children, preferred
This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours/week. Interested candidates must have flexibility with work availability to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, kohlchildrensmuseum.org/jobs.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.