Reports To: Director of Visitor Experience
Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide experiences and memories to build a foundation for a lifetime of learning. Through our museum space in Glenview, IL, we offer engaging learning environments featuring interactive exhibits and programs that encourage young children to become effective learners through play. As part of our commitment to ensuring that every child has access to the best learning experiences possible, we extend our footprint throughout the Chicagoland area through outreach programs, traveling exhibits, and partnering with educators to inspire meaningful change in the education of young children.
The Exhibit Guide supports a safe and fun visitor experience through core operational duties, including opening and closing of the seasonal exhibits and experiences, managing the cleanliness of those exhibits and assisting patrons with any questions or issues as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Encourage patron participation in seasonal exhibits through age-appropriate interactions
- Monitor and safeguard young patrons, ensuring that children are with their caregiver as they enter and exit the Museum and the surrounding Museum Campus
- Assist with answering patrons’ questions or resolving issues and needs. Elevate issues to management when necessary
- Set and reset seasonal exhibit areas throughout the Museum’s operational hours
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Work experience in a museum or customer-facing role, preferred
- Experience working with children, preferred
- Proficient customer service and interpersonal skills
- Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
- Ability to learn Early Childhood Education content as it relates to seasonal museum exhibits and guest experiences
- Must have flexibility with work schedule, as necessary, to support weekend scheduling and/or evening activities
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit an online application found on the Careers page of our website, kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
For more information about the position or the Museum, please visit www.kohlchildrensmuseum.org.
Kohl Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.