Science Sleuths lets children become little scientists as they study evidence, make predictions, and test their hypotheses with the guidance of a Museum educator or local professional. Programming takes place approximately every other Wednesday from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Look up in the sky! It’s a bird, it’s a plane… it’s a monkey? This month we’ll be cloud watching in Habitat Park and learning about types of clouds and what they mean.August 14, August 28: Bats!
Did you know there are at least 12 species of bats found throughout Illinois? Join us as we explore our nighttime, bug-eating friends and how they help us.September 11, September 25: Land Survey
Before a building, park, or road is constructed, a survey of the land is completed by engineers and architects to make sure it’s a good place to build. Become part of the crew as we survey Habitat Park for the best place to construct.
- Bubbleology Lesson: Have you ever looked closely at the different colors of a bubble? Let’s explore the science (and fun) of bubbles!
- Slime Factory Lesson: Roll up your sleeves, join in the mess, and explore the effects of temperature on slime!
- Fossils, Rocks, and More Lesson: Attention all mini geologists and paleontologists! Use your senses to investigate trilobite-fish fossils, and rocks.
- Waxy Business Lesson: Write or draw a secret message to a loved one or friend and discover the science behind decoding them.
- Zoom in, Zoom out Lesson: Join us as we look for biodiversity in our own backyard. We are going to take a closer look at the earth around us in our neighborhood.