Kohlights: Select Dates Nov 24 - Dec 16, 2023
The Kohlights Holiday Lightacular!
It’s more than just a walk through the festive holiday lights in Kohl Children’s Museum’s newest outdoor activity: Kohlights. This immersive experience allows kids to interact with light and color as they explore hues and patterns in this safe and interactive holiday light installation, right-sized for young kids. The show must “glow” on!
NEW THIS YEAR: Kohlights is now an indoor/outdoor experience, with access to all indoor exhibits as well.
Enjoy the full lightacular experience, Nov 24 – 26, Dec 1 – 2, Dec 8 – 9, and 15 – 16. This year’s experience combines the wonder of the outdoor lights with the full indoor Museum experience as well. It’s the only area holiday light experience designed exclusively for young children!
The following prices include access to all indoor exhibits and well as outdoor light activities and Twinkle Train.
Adults and Children Over 12 Months
- Tickets required for both adults and children for entry. Infants under 12 months of age are free and do not require tickets.
- Event will go on rain, snow or dry weather. Tickets are non-refundable unless the Kohlights experience is unable to operate due to electrical, public health, or winter weather emergency issues. Tickets may be rescheduled at no charge based upon availability if contacted before the date on the ticket.
Kohl Children’s Museum members receive $15 off the full price of all tickets purchased. You must Sign In in the upper right corner of our sales screen after you select your tickets. Discounts will be applied AFTER tickets are added to cart but BEFORE credit card information is entered.
“My kids have been cooped up and it is so great to get them outside jumping around and burning energy. They are having so much fun.”
We traveled from the western suburbs to see this – so worth it. Loved it!”
- Light activities and Twinkle Train operate outdoors. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Final Twinkle Train ride 7:15 PM. Park closes at 7:25 PM.
Thank you for having this light festival – so grateful for it.”
Sample Activity Stations
- Rainbow Arbor: Push buttons to illuminate tree lights in the courtyard when children work cooperatively.
- Illumination Fort: Crawl inside the lighted fort and make up a fun story while exploring the frozen structure.
- Winter Garden: Skip through oversized, illuminated flowers, dragonflies and butterflies.
- Rainbow Caterpillar: Touch the body segments of a colorful caterpillar to change its hues.
- Luminous Pyramid: Press buttons to change the colored lights on the climbing structure.
- Shadow Play Snowbank: Create shadows and experiment with opacity and colored lights by projecting images onto a snow white wall.
- Glow Tunnel: Find your way through the lighted underground tunnel.
- Prism Playframe: Look through light diffractors to multiply the lights and see the climbing structures in a new way.
- Winter Dance Party: Dance in a semi-circle of colorful, lighted pine trees to holiday music for all to enjoy.
- Sound Forest: Experiment with sound in a grove of trees with lights that respond to noises.
- Sphere Garden: Pose for photos with luminous orbs in the sensory garden while waving at the Twinkle Train.
- Twinkle Train: Ride in style on a kiddie train through the holiday lights in Habitat Park and view:
- Firefly Field: A winter wonderland of fireflies lighting the night.
- Frozen Bamboo: A luminous garden of bamboo in the grass maze.
Kohl Children’s Museum would like to thank the sponsors that have made Kohlights possible:
2023 Limelight Sponsor
2023 Starlight Sponsor
2023 Twinkle Sponsor