Kohlights: Select Dates Nov 25 - Dec 29
Kohlights: A Mesmertastic Holiday Lightacular!
It’s more than just a walk through the festive holiday lights in Kohl Children’s Museum’s newest outdoor activity: Kohlights. This immersive experience allows kids to interact with light and color as they explore hues and patterns in this safe and interactive holiday light installation. The show must “glow” on!
Enjoy the full lightacular experience, Nov 25-27, Dec 2-4, Dec 9-11, 16-21, and 26-29. This year’s experience is even bigger and brighter than before!
- Kohlights tickets: Prices range from $20 – $25. KCM members receive an additional $5 off every ticket price.
- Tickets required for both adults and children for entry. Infants under 12 months of age are free and do not require tickets.
- Event will go on rain, snow or dry weather. Tickets are non-refundable unless the Kohlights experience is unable to operate due to electrical, public health, or winter weather emergency issues. Tickets may be rescheduled at no charge based upon availability if contacted by the date on the ticket.
- Tickets include the outdoor light show only; indoor exhibits will be closed while Kohlights operates.
- Limited discounts available for families with EBT cards through the Museum’s access and inclusion programming. E-mail email@example.com for information.
Kohl Children’s Museum members receive a $5 discount on all tickets purchased. You must Sign In in the upper right corner of our sales screen after you select your tickets. Discounts will be applied AFTER tickets are added to cart but BEFORE credit card information is entered.
“My kids have been cooped up and it is so great to get them outside jumping around and burning energy. They are having so much fun.”
We traveled from the western suburbs to see this – so worth it. Loved it!”
- 100% outdoors presentation (restroom facilities available indoors)
- All sessions are limited timed 30-minute window entry
- Final entry 7 PM (6:30 PM select dates). Park closes 30 minutes after final entry.
Please arrive during your selected entry window. The complete trail will take approximately 45 minutes to complete at a leisurely pace.
Thank you for having this light festival – so grateful for it.”
Sample Activity Stations
- Rainbow Arbor: Children turn a color wheel that will change lights on trees in the park’s courtyard along the color spectrum.
- Field of Beams: Get a 360-degree view of thousands of lights in waves and shapes across the Habitat Park field.
- Prism Promenade: Walk along a rainbow path of colors that shows children the color spectrum.
- Prism Playframe: View lights on the climbing structures through light diffractors that multiply the colors.
- Festive Firs: A semi-circle of pine trees becomes a winter discotheque with dancing lights for children to chase.
- Polar Bear Cave: Enter a colorfully-lit cave to view the sleeping polar bear art.
- Lollipop Light Lane: Press giant lollipop lights to change the colors along the path.
- Tinsel Tiny Town: The buildings of the Museum’s Tiny Town are transformed into a Christmas village.
- Twinkle Train Tunnel: Ride in holiday style on a trackless kiddie train through a tunnel of lights.
- Shadow Play Snowbank: Children can experiment with opacity and colored lights as they project their images onto a white wall and learn that not all shadows are dark!
Click here for a printable map of activities
Bean Sprouts Cafe will not be open during the Kohlights experience. Please plan to eat before or after the experience.
Kohl Children’s Museum would like to thank the sponsors that have made Kohlights possible:
2022 Limelight Sponsor
2022 Moonlight Sponsors
2022 Starlight Sponsors
Support for Kohlights
Kohlights is part of our continued effort to provide safe spaces for children to imagine, learn, and thrive during the pandemic. We kindly ask you to support campaigns like Kohlights, giving much needed financial support to the Museum. Money raised through the campaign goes directly to where it is needed most: day-to-day operations, expanded virtual field trips, and new programs like Kohlights.