October 1, 2020 - January 3, 2021
Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails!
The world’s most beloved #1 blue engine rolls into the Museum this autumn. Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails, an interactive exhibit inspired by the popular children’s series on PBS KIDS. Featuring the favorite engines and destinations from Thomas & Friends, this STEM-focused exhibit engages children and families in foundational skills that foster STEM literacy through playful learning experiences.
Explore the Island of Sodor’s iconic locations: Knapford Station, Sodor Steamworks and many more. In the exhibit, children help Thomas and his friends solve a variety of challenges, from a simple sorting and shape identification activities to complex engineering obstacles, such as completing a train track using track pieces with different levels of elevation. This exhibit is ready to remind children how “really useful” they all are!
- Climb into Thomas’ cab and trigger train noises such as braking, whistles and steam.
- Fix Percy’s wobbly wheel by experimenting to find a working combination of wheels, rods and bolts.
- Explore favorite Island of Sodor destinations on an over-sized Thomas Wooden Railway train table.
- Load luggage and freight into the coaches of two train cars.
- Get Percy moving by loading coal into his coal box and filling his tank with water.
- Sell tickets to other visitors taking a ride on the train.
Thomas & FriendsTM: Explore the Rails was designed and developed by Minnesota Children’s Museum in partnership with HIT Entertainment, a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. Fisher-Price, the #1Infant/Preschool Toys manufacturer1, is the presenting sponsor for the exhibit. 3M is the national tour sponsor.
This special exhibit is currently available exclusively as part of our Thomas the Tank Engine V.I.P. (Very Important Play) package.