Arrival and Check-In
Your purchase of a birthday party package includes free full-day admission for your guests!
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled contract time. A party assistant will greet you curbside under the portico to help transport party supplies to your private room. You will then be ready to access your room promptly at the scheduled time.
- Your party assistant will assist with set-up and do whatever he or she can to make your day special. Be aware that the Museum environment outside the party room is designed to be very appealing and interesting for children in your party’s age bracket. If you design activities such as piñatas or crafts, be aware that the exhibits may compete for your guest’s attention.
- Guests will check in at the Birthday Arrival table. Both adults and children will receive a handstamp. All children will receive a colored wristband that corresponds with the party room door color. Guests will enter the Museum through the Birthday Party Guest line to bypass the admissions desk.
During your rental, you can schedule your party and use the party room however you like. To maximize use of the private room, we suggest the following timeline for a successful party:
- Scheduled Arrival Time: This is the time you will be able to enter the room for set-up. A party assistant will be available with carts to bring supplies to the party room and assist with set-up. Depending on the complexity of your set-up, we recommend 15-20 minutes. We suggest your guest invitations reflect the time you expect to have everything set up.
- First part of party (20-30 min.) – Welcome your guests and serve food or beverages.
- Second part of party (20-30 min) – If you plan activities within the private room for your guests, this is usually the best time to coordinate them. If you wish to reset the room for cake, you can encourage guests to explore the Museum exhibits during this time.
- Third part of party (20-30 minutes before scheduled end time) – Make sure all guests are back in the party room to serve cake and take birthday photos; remember to share and tag #PlayKCM. Thank guests and remind them that they are free to enjoy the Museum until closing.
- Scheduled End Time: Museum custodial staff will begin room clean-up, and party assistants will help with loading gifts, food, and party supplies back to your car.