A Mesmertastic Holiday Lightacular!
Kids take charge in the area’s newest holiday light display. Using glow stick learning wands, children can control and change the lights during an approximately 30-minute trail through our outdoor Habitat Park> exhibit, so it’s a different lightacular experience every time.
Learn while you play with light and color as you create new hues and patterns in this safe and interactive holiday light installation. The show must “glow” on!
Enjoy the full lightacular experience, Dec 11 – 13, 18 – 23, 26 – 31, and Jan 2 – 3.
- Kohlights tickets: $25/person
- Tickets required for both adults and children for entry. Infants under 12 months of age are free and do not require tickets.
- Limited discounts available for families with EBT cards through the Museum’s access and inclusion programming. E-mail email@example.com for information.
Kohl Children’s Museum members receive a $5 discount on all tickets purchased. You must Sign In in the upper right corner of our sales screen after you select your tickets. Discounts will be applied AFTER tickets are added to cart but BEFORE credit card information is entered.
My kids have been cooped up and it is so great to get them outside jumping around and burning energy. They are having so much fun.”
How do you build a Mesmertastic Holiday Lightacular?
1 bucket of rainbows
2 shots of sparkles
And whole lot of electrical cable
We traveled from the western suburbs to see this – so worth it. Loved it!”
Kohlights is compliant with Tier 3 mitigations currently in effect in Illinois.
- 100% outdoors presentation.
- All sessions are limited timed entry for ample social distancing between individual families
- All activity stations have “no-touch” activation
- Frequent sanitizing of any touchable surfaces
Please arrive during your selected entry window to assist with safety efforts. The complete trail will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Thank you for having this light festival – so grateful for it.”
No-Touch Activity Stations
All activities controlled through individual glow sticks provided at check-in.
- Pixel Play Meadow: Project your image in lights across the grass.
- Rainbow Arbor: Spin a crank to cascade lights through the color wheel.
- Color Play Trees: Push buttons to project colored lights on trees.
- Rainbow Caterpillar: Send patterns of colors winding up the hills.
- Color Walk: Follow moving blocks of color on a vibrant pathway.
- Lighted Art Installation: Make your glow stick part of a light-up mosaic.
Please note only beverages may be taken on light trail. Food may be enjoyed before or after.
This mesmertastic lightacular is possible thanks to the generosity of local businesses and individuals:
Support for Kohlights
Kohlights is part of our continued effort to provide safe spaces for children to imagine, learn, and thrive during the pandemic. We kindly ask you to support campaigns like Kohlights, giving much needed financial support to the Museum. Money raised through the campaign goes directly to where it is needed most: day-to-day operations, expanded virtual field trips, and new programs like Kohlights.
Event will go on rain, snow or shine. Tickets are non-refundable unless the Kohlights experience is unable to operate due to electrical or winter weather emergency issues.